Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Going To and Fro

A few days ago, I was pulling a shirt over his little head. Words of direction were spoke. "Here, put your arm in"...."Benjamin, put your legs in, hurry.... Stop bouncing.... Put your leg in.... Now, it's time to go.."

He looked up at me, in all the sweet, kinda silly, honesty, that's in my 5 year old, and asked "Mama, why are we always late?"

You know, I can't recall where we were going? Maybe, it was just outside to play, I honestly don't remember. I DO remember feeling sure that I get too hurried.

That one got me. It spoke volumes. I need to slow down. Even when the circumstances around me are hurried. I need to be calm. I need to be an example of steadfastness. Not hasty in my goings.

I have found a good gauge to use to see where my heart is. Can I talk to Jesus right now? Am I prayerful in my heart? Or am I too busy with the cares of the world to attend to eternal things? Like teaching Benjamin to love, to attend to important things, heavenly things, the hearts that are around him, relationships...and not rushing to and fro.

One thing I've been aware of is that this hurried mentality can sneak in when our time is out of place. If we spend too much time on devices, on leisure, or even too much time working.

Lord, help me to serve you and keep all areas of my life in balance. To love people, and not ideas, or things. Show me Lord, anything that's out of place in my life. I want to love you above all, and to love my neighbors as myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment