Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Use what you have!

We're in the process of trying to spruce up a few things around here. Our girls need some clothing storage that is in good shape. We hang most of their clothes, so they don't need tons of space. Mostly, somewhere to out Jammie's, undies, etc.

I had a few pieces that were in sad shape... So today we repurposed them. I used chalk paint, in white. I distressed the pieces, and then finished them with soft wax. They have bunkbeds that are distressed, too. I plan on doing most of their furniture like this.

If your interested in how I did this, check out "chalk paint" on google. There's no prep, and it covers almost any surface!

Here are my before and after pictures. My girls really like it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful furniture upcycle, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It sure is nice to have something useful, that didn't cost anything!

    Blessings,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete