Monday, March 4, 2013

Precious Morning Gifts


I wake up to the piano singing hymns, to the Glory of our Saviour, by the hand of my son. His fingers dance across the keys, bringing sweet praise into our home.

I wake up to him kissing my face. Lips so soft, gentle scratches brush across my chin. I love it when he skips his morning shave for me. Whispered prayers escape his lips. Praise, help, gratitude.... There's no making our way, no joy overflowing, without Him.

I wake up to precious little hands reaching for Mama... Soft cries of wanting, warm comfort in the dark early hours. Skin to skin is soothing, a memory I'll hold forever. Mamas heart is full of love. Overflowing.

I wake up to prepare. My hands run through the cold hard grains. What a journey this life is....Then they become powder soft, turned and turned, baked a golden brown. Now, to nourish all the little bodies with their goodness. Life is good. We're blessed.

2 comments: