Friday, May 8, 2009

My Place at Home

I am humbled, thankful beyond words, that the Lord has seen fit to place me here. I am truly living out my dreams. When I was a little girl, I wanted most to be a Mommy. To hold babies of my own in my arms. To love them, and care for them. At one time I wanted to be a teacher. To be able to teach children, read to them, help them. There was even a time I wanted to design clothes. All of these things are a daily reality for me. I spend my days with my children, teaching them, and learning alongside them. Caring for them in every way they need. I am the one that gets to joy in their learning to read, understanding a new match concept, and even taking that first little wobbly step.

Some days I go upstairs to my studio and make dresses. Yes, I get to be that designer. After having Madison, the Lord taught me to sew. I am so thankful for that. It is such a joy to create beautiful things with my hands. My dresses have been sold all over the country. Sometimes bringing a profit. Although I enjoy that, I have to say that the greatest reward is using this ability to serve my family. The Lord knew I would use this skill over and over again. Sometimes to dress our own children, and sometimes to sell my goods afar.

I am a teacher. (Although, I am thoroughly convinced that I do much more learning than teaching.) Yes, we do reading, and writing, and math. But there is so much more in our days. Anything that becomes an interested to one of us, is taught. We not only learn it, we do it. Hands on, touching, feeling....living it. We are learning to farm, and garden. To build, and cook. To manage finances, and run businesses. To help and encourage. To be self sufficient. To love the elderly. To love babies. To work on vehicles. To make almost everything we need. To make wise decisions. To trust the Lord. To sing, and play instruments. To be patient. To serve. To give. Yes, we are learning, more, and more everyday.

It breaks my heart to think of my children being in a building of strangers day in and day out, without Gary or I there to guide them, and help them. The years we have to mold them are so short and even now, I think of all the things I hope to teach them. I think of all the qualities, Lord willing, I hope to instill. I think of all the character traits I pray they have. I can't begin to imagine not having all the hours with them I do now, and being able to raise them to be capable young men and women, ready to serve the Lord in all things.

I feel so sorry for the mom's that are waking up only to rush out of their home. To drop their children off in daycare, and schools. Only to go to work for hours doing what someone else (not their husband) asks of them all day. They return home, to only do it again the next day.

I cannot imagine any other place I would rather be than in my home. God has placed me there, and I rejoice in that. I don't take for granted that all my needs are supplied, to do as I wish each day. Lord, help me to make the most of all of these things you have given me. To realize what a high calling I have here at home. To serve you with it all. To raise these children to be honoring to you. To equip them to do anything their life may require. Help me to see each day as it is, a gift from you with many, many possibilites.

1 comment:

  1. aww, happy mothers day~ today and everyday!

    ReplyDelete