Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Library Day, Swimming, Swimsuits

We went to the library today, and filled our basket with lots of good things to read. That is one of our favorite places to go, and I try to do it each week. We are blessed to have a wonderful library here. These past few weeks have been spent reading about beekeeping, sharks, self sufficient living, Johnny Appleseed, horses, and King Arthur. Pretty eclectic mix heh?


It was really warm this afternoon when we got home(Or maybe I should say warmer, because I know the really warm stuff is yet to be seen this year). So, we let Benjamin play in his little pool. He had so much fun. Of course, he was having so much fun, that before long, he had company! I had my camera set wrong for some of these.












I have been working on swimsuits for the girls. After last year, I knew that storebought suits just werent an option for us. We had the girls putting clothes over them, for modesty sakes, anyway. I know that really wasnt very practical for swimming. So, I designed these. They weren't hard to do at all. I made the top just like a tank. The bottoms are bike shorts style, with an attatched skirt. I didn't want this to feel bulky, so there is no elastic. It has a yoga style waist band. Marendy's is on the cutting table now. I hope to get it finished up in the next day or two. The girls picked out their own fabrics. Marendy's is pink, of course. I will be sure to show hers once it's finished.

Benjamin is getting so big. He is 17 months already. I got these pictures while he was in his little pool today.





Playing Boo with Mama...


Just being cute!




1 comment:

  1. aww cute pictures :O)
    how neat about the homemade swim suits! If I were nifty in that area I would make a suit for girl too (maybe one day though)... we found a great little suit after *much* searching at Target today. My daughter loves it, it is a whole piece covering much in the front and back, and came with the perfect swim trunks to better cover the bottom.

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete